In this interactive presentation session, we will cover the ins and outs of multithreaded development in C++. This can be taken as either a half day (4 hour) session that will cover the basic aspects of multithreaded development or a full day presentation that also will cover the more advanced parts.
- Introduction to concurrency
- Managing threads
- Sharing data between threads
- Synchronizing concurrent operations
- The C++ memory model and operations on atomic typesDuring the full day presentation we will also cover these topics
- Designing lock-based concurrent data structures
- Designing lock-free concurrent data structures
- Designing concurrent code
- Advanced thread management
- Testing and debugging multithreaded applications
C++ now has concurrency as a part of its standard and developers will no longer rely on third party libraries. This presentation will give you an overview of what’s in the standard and will give you a good start for developing your own multithreaded applications.
Software developers who have some C++ experience and need to get an understanding of the concurrency capabilities of C++.