C# can be used to create client applications, games and mobile applications. During this course, we will get to know C# and the .NET framework. We will cover the core concepts of the language and see how they interact with the .NET framework.
- Introduction and history of C#
- C#, the .NET Framework and Windows Runtime
- Memory management and garbage collection
- Creating a console and a rich desktop application
- Introduction to web applications
- Language fundamentals such as the C# syntax, identifier naming conventions and using documentation
- Working with variables and built-in data types
- Managing application flow
- Working with collections of data
- Object-Oriented concepts like defining classes, working with fields and public properties and overriding methods
- Advanced Object-Oriented concepts such as inheritance and polymorphism
- Visual programming and event handling
C# is an elegant and type-safe object-oriented language that enables developers to build a variety of secure and robust applications that run on the .NET Framework. You can use C# to create Windows client applications, XML Web services, distributed components, client-server applications, database applications, and much, much more. Visual C# provides an advanced code editor, convenient user interface designers, integrated debugger, and many other tools.
Software developers or anyone interested in gaining an understanding for this interesting and useful language.