In this three-day course, we dive into various advanced topics of C++ and object oriented programming. We take a closer look at C++11/14/17 to understand the news of the new standard and take a closer look at some more advanced programming patterns and best use cases.
- C++ and object-oriented concepts refresher.
- What is new to the language (C++11/14/17)
- Template Functions
- Template Classes
- Iterators and Algorithms
- Exception Handling
- Functional Abstraction
- [[fallthrough]], [[nodiscard]], [[maybe_unused]] attributes
- constexpr lambdas
- Generalizing range-based for loops
- Capturing *this in lambdas
C++ is the standard language for implementing object-oriented designs, but although based on C, C++ introduces many subtle syntactic and design issues. For developers, whose C++ experience goes back further, many of the changes, because of standardization, make modern C++ a very different programming Environment.
Software developers who have some C++ experience and need to take their knowledge one step further.