This course will teach you how to design complex 3D mechanical parts using the Boolean approach. You will learn how to work in a Multi-Model Environment and maintain links between 3D models. You will also learn to analyze designs in order to optimize them.
- Handling of models that cannot be updated
- Multi-body: the complete guide to Surface in Solids
- Deep-dive into drafts and rounds
- Multi section solids
- KBE – Knowledge-Based Engineering
- Inheritance of information from model to model a.k.a. skeleton modeling to build complex dependencies (e.g. casting, and link best practice)
- Final reflection about advanced problems in daily modeling at work
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a complex model in CATIA V5
- Create and manage a structured model
- Create details in its context .i.e. towards other details in a multi-model environment
- Reuse existing data to complete detail in a multi-model environment
- Manage relations between features in a multi-model environment
- Analyze solids’ quality and rectify the defects
- Create surfaces to use and affect upon the solid model
Designers who are new to CAD modeling with CATIA V5, need to View/Create/Modify CAD models and have followed the CATIA V5 Basic Training.
If you’re looking to refresh your CAD skills, this course may also be of interest.