In cooperation with Business Driven Development, who is a Gold Partner to Scaled Agile, ALTEN Training now presents SAFe courses.
The SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) is a two-day course that will provide you with needed skills to deliver value in a Lean enterprise. This course will teach you to manage backlogs and programs by using different tools, activities and mechanics. The concept of Agile Release Train (ART) will be explained to make an understanding of how to deliver value in an effective way.
How to apply Lean thinking in large projects and then break them down in smaller fragments of Stories and Features will be covered. Other parts of the course is execution iteration and planning, Continuous Delivery Pipeline, DevOps culture, as well as Program Increment planning. The course will provide an understanding of how to improve the ART by become a an effective Product Owner and Product Manager.
- Lean Enterprise in a SAFe environment
- Make Product Owners and Product Managers adopt a Lean-Agile mindset
- Lean Portfolio Management collaboration
- Program Increment execution
- How to explore the needs of the customers
- Action plan creation for the Product Owner and Product Manager
- Roles and responsibilities for the Product Owner and Product Manager
To be able to receive a certificate in SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, the following criteria should be fulfilled:
- Be able to apply SAFe in a Lean Enterprise
- Be able to apply the PO/PM roles to the values and principles of the SAFe Lean-Agile.
- Perform Lean Portfolio Management collaboration
- Explore and execute Program Increment Planning to create value
- Define the roles of the PO/PM
- Be able to create action plans
Regardless of previous knowledge, everybody is welcome to participate in the course. However, it is recommended to have knowledge within the following fields to gain full understanding of the SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
- Working experience from an SAFe environment
- Knowledge of the concepts of Lean and Agile
- Previously attended a course in Leading SAFe
Participations in the course includes
- Preparation to be able to take the exam of SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
- Membership in the SAFe Community platform for 1 year
- A course certificate upon completion of the course
Both days has to be attended to qualify for the exam.