Welcome to the future! By using our online platform Webinar you can easily access the course material worldwide, whether you are out having a coffee, are located by your desk at the office or are home laying on the couch. Webinar requires no installation and are as efficient as a physical classroom since it allows a great support and an excellent communication. You use your own computer with your own licenses. Additionally, Webinar is environmental friendly since it doesn’t require any transportation or printed material.
- Introduction: General overview of surface modelling concepts
- Basic Surfaces: Surfaces created with the same features as used in solid modeling
- Construction Geometry: Build reference geometry with datum features (Planes, Axes, Coordinate systems, Points) and Curves
- Advanced Surfaces: Variable Section Sweeps and Boundary Blends
- Merge Surfaces: Merging surfaces with Join or Intersect
- Offset, Solidify and Thicken: Making solids from surface quilts.
- Copy and Paste: Copy, Paste and Paste Special have a lot more use and functionality in surface modelling, than in solid modelling.
- Trim and Extend: Two functions used a lot in surface modelling.
- Special Surface Features: Conic Surface, N-sided Patch, Surface Free Form, Vertex Round, Solid Free Form
- Geometry Analysis: Curvature Analysis, Offset Analysis, Draft Analysis, Reflection Analysis … and more
- Imported Surfaces: How to repair imported geometry. For example if STEP files that are imported with unwanted gaps. How to repair it to make it possible to solidify.
The objectives of this course are to give a solid understanding of the surface module in CREO Parametric.
Mechanical Designers or Industrial Designers who have good knowledge and understanding of solid part modeling and now seeks to take the next step by learning the surface functionality.
This is not a normal setup of a CAD course in the sense that there are no click-by-click instructions. The exercises are done by the teacher showing a demo and discuss it with the class, then the student do the exercise from dimensioned screenshots. This requires experience in solid modeling and a mindset that allows for this type of education.
People who have attended this course often say “it is the best CAD course I have ever attended”